In Japanese, “Haru-Sakura” means " Spring Cherry Blossoms”. Just like the beautiful cherry blossoms of springtime, the JCK Haru-Sakura knives have a vivid, impactful Damascus pattern that beautifully matches the natural grain pattern of their fine Cherry Wood Handles.
The attractive layered Damascus blades of the “Haru-Sakura” knives have a slightly upswept blade shape that handles well and cuts efficiently. The knives feature a VG-10 Stainless Damascus steel blade (HRc. 60-61) with a 50/50 symmetrical grind and each knife is hand sharpened and hand honed, ready for use.
Each “Haru-Sakura” knife is fitted with a comfortable oval-shaped Cherry Wood Handle that is fitted with a black pakka wood ferrule.
A protective wooden Saya (Sheath) that is suitable for your "Haru-Sakura" knife can be purchased separately. Wooden Saya of Santoku.
The tall blade and rounded nose / tip of the Santoku make it a versatile knife that is well suited to cutting meat, fish, or vegetables; Hence it’s name, which literally means “Three-purpose”. The Santoku is often recommended as a multi-purpose kitchen knife. Compared to a Western-style handle, the lightweight traditional Japanese handle of the Wa Santoku knife moves the balance point of the knife further towards the tip, which makes it feel more nimble and precise.
Knife Model: JCK Natures Haru-Sakura Series Wa Santoku
Blade Material: VG-10 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Oval Shaped Cherry Wooden Handle with Black Pakka Wood Ferrules
Saya Included: No.
Wa Santoku 170mm (6.6")
Cutting edge length: 170mm
Total Length: 300mm
Blade Thickness: 2.4mm
Blade Width: 50mm
Handle Length: 125mm
Total Weight: 138g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.