Fujiwara Kanefusa FKV Series knife features a cutting edge of V Gold stainless steel (HRc. 60), which is forge-welded with a soft stainless steel. This means that you can enjoy the fine cutting performance of a Japanese traditional-style knife whilst benefitting from the rust-resistance, edge sharpness and edge retention offered by a modern stainless steel.
Fujiwara FKV Series knife has D-shaped handle that is made from magnolia wood and a water buffalo horn ferrule.
"Fujiwara Kanefusa" is engraved in to the blade in Japanese Kanji.
From novice users to Pro Sushi Chefs, the high quality Fujiwara FKV Series of stainless steel Japanese traditional-style knives are thoroughly recommended.
The Japanese Deba, which is also called the Hon-deba (Literally, “true deba"), is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: Fujiwara Kanefusa FKV Series Deba
Blade Material: V-Gold Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: D Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: No.
Deba 165mm (6.4")
Total Weight: 278g
Deba 180mm (7")
Blade Thickness: 7.8mm
Total Weight: 353g
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.