We work directly with the highly skilled team of craftsmen to make our Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Special Order Made Yanagiba Series. This enables us to offer you a wide choice of customizable options at the best possible price and you can create your very own dream Yanagiba!
A highly talented team of craftsmen in Sakai City, Osaka, which is famous for long history of knife production. They take exceptional care to ensure that every single detail of their knives is correct, from the initial forging to the final sharpening, the fit and finish of these knives is outstanding.
A cutting edge of high carbon Hitachi White Steel No.1 that is welded forged with soft iron for increased toughness and ease of re-sharpening. White Steel No.1 is a pure Japanese high carbon steel for extra high cutting performance and hardness. Hon Kasumi finished which means the experienced craftsmen’s time-consuming hand sharpening and hand finishing process.
The combination of cutting technique, acute blade angle, and sharp edge result in very little cellular damage in the cut surface. This is particularly important for dishes where the fish is eaten raw, because it helps to preserve the original flavor and texture of the fish.
Yanagiba knives are primarily used to slice boneless fish fillets for Sashimi and Sushi dishes, but they can also be used to fillet small to medium-sized fish and are often used for skinning fish. The narrow blade and relatively acute edge angle of the Yanagiba are features which greatly reduce the effort required to cut through ingredients. As with the Sujihiki, the long blade allows the fish to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip.
For safekeeping, each knife comes with a matching magnolia wood Saya (Sheath) with a black pakkawood Saya pin.
1. Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule / Collar:
You can choose the color of your Water Buffalo Horn ferrule from three choices below.
2. Style of Handle:
You can choose your favorite style of handle from four choices below.
D-shaped Magnolia Wood handle
- Octagonal Magnolia Wood handle
- Octagonal Ebony Wood handle
- Octagonal Quince Wood handle
3. Mirror Polish on the Blade (Not required):
You can choose to have the mirror polish blade. Optional (Not required):
- Mirror polished on the both sides of the blade
Mirror polished on the face-side / bevel-side of the blade only
4. Special Order Options:
If you have any specific requests or preferences for your dream Yanagiba, we can usually accommodate them, and are happy to do so. We understand that many experienced users will have their own preferences, and occasionally receive special requests for the following custom features:
Slightly thinner (Or thicker) blade than the standard models
- Slightly narrower (Or wider) blade width than the standard models
This 100% custom order service allows you to create your own unique, ‘one-of-a-kind’, Dream Yanagiba.
* Please Email us about your request for your Dream Yanagiba knife at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice for the Delivery of Special Order Made Yanagiba
Please expect an average of 4 to 8 weeks for the production and delivery of your special order Yanagiba knife.
Knife Model: JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Special Order Made Yanagiba
Blade Material: Hon Kasumi White Steel No.1
Rockwell Hardness (HRc):
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Your choice of the Japanese Traditional Handle
Saya Included: Yes.
Yanagiba 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 230mm
Blade Thickness: 3.5mm
Blade Width: 30mm
Total Weight: 140g
Yanagiba 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 260mm
Blade Thickness: 3.9mm
Blade Width: 32mm
Total Weight: 180g
Yanagiba 300mm (11.8")
Cutting edge length: 290mm
Blade Thickness: 4.2mm
Blade Width: 34mm
Total Weight: 210g
Yanagiba 330mm (12.9")
Cutting edge length: 320mm
Blade Thickness: 4.5mm
Blade Width: 37mm
Total Weight: 260g
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.