Master Saji continues to produce new and distinctive knives that demonstrate his extensive knife making experience and passionate spirit.
This time, we requested Master Saji to make our custom design and custom hand-made Damascus Steak Knife. Blade is made of VG-10 stainless steel core and outer layers of beautiful forge-layered Stainless Damascus steel. Beautiful Natural texture of Desert Ironwood handle is perfectly hand contoured for perfect and secured grip.
Steak knife is popular in the West and is common place in Western Homes.
With their attractive decorative designs and blissfully smooth cutting performance, high quality steak knives can really enhance your special mealtimes.
Master Saji also recommends this knife for the purpose of Petty & Utility knife. Unique design and one of a kinds, Master Saji fine custom-made Steak Knife is now available!
Knife Model: Takeshi Saji VG-10 Damascus Steak Knife
Blade Material: VG-10 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 61 to 62
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Desert Ironwood Handle
Saya Included: No.
Steak & Utility Knife
Cutting edge length: 95mm
Total Length: 220mm
Blade Thickness: 1.8mm
Blade Width: 20mm
Total Weight: 84g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.