Fujiwara Kanefusa FKM Knife is a basic utilitarian knife that is made from AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel - A popular Japanese stainless steel with good cutting performance, rust resistance and ease of re-sharpening.
This knife has comfortable black pakkawood handles and a stainless steel bolster, which provides good blade balance and a fine grip.
We recommend Fujiwara FKM knife to first-time buyers of Japanese knives because of their reliable quality and affordable pricing. Fujiwara FKM knife has good strength, cutting performance and ease of maintenance, which are some of most important features for first-time users of Japanese knives.
The Deba, which is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: Fujiwara Kanefusa FKM Series Deba
Blade Material: AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57 to 58
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Deba 150mm (5.9")
Cutting edge length: 160mm
Total Length: 280mm
Blade Thickness: 3.8mm
Blade Width: 43mm
Handle Length: 115mm
Total Weight: 256g
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.