“Wild” and “dynamic” are the words that best describe this Saji VG-10 custom Damascus kitchen knife.
The blade is made with a VG-10 core forged Nickel Damascus Stainless steel (HRc. 62) and they feature a traditional Japanese Hamaguri-Ba (Convex) blade grind that provides remarkable cutting performance.
The layers of white-colored Nickel steel in this Damascus blade contrasts strongly with the stainless steel layers to produce a powerful wavy Damascus pattern that truly sparkles. To further accentuate the wild appearance of the Damascus, Master Saji decided to use natural Stag Bone to produce some very tasteful handle scales and a pinned brass bolster, which will age beautifully.
The long, narrow, graceful blade of the Sujihiki is particularly useful for trimming away sinew and fat from meat, finely slicing meat or boneless fish, or for filleting and skinning fish. The long blade allows the meat or fish to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip.
Knife Model: Takeshi Saji VG-10 Custom Damascus Wild Series Sujihiki
Blade Material: VG-10 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Stag Bone Handle with Nickel Silver Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Sujihiki 270mm (10.6")
Total Length: 395mm
Blade Thickness: 2.4mm
Total Weight: 250g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.