Sugimoto is one of the most famous brand name for Japanese knives. Especially Sugimoto Brand Chinese Cleaver is well known and popular among professional Chinese Food Chefs.
From the experienced craftsman’s opinion, the Sugimoto’s traditional methods of handcrafting process and their original convex edge brings outstanding cutting performance.
Its blade is pure Japanese Virgin Carbon Steel We started to offer the Suien Chinese Cleaver over 10 years ago. Since then, the Suien Chinese Cleaver has been immediately recognized as a great product by our professional customers because of its fine cutting performance and affordable price range compared to other famous Chinese Cleavers made in Japan.
The blade is made of pure Japanese virgin carbon steel to provide excellent edge retention, edge sharpness and ease of re-sharpening.
Round Shaped Natural Wooden Handle with Stainless steel bolster makes comfortable grip and well balance.
The Sugimoto SGMT-No.7 Chinese Cleaver is slightly thicker and heavier blade version of the Chinese Cleaver than SGMT-No.6 Chinese Cleaver, and it is highly versatile general-purpose kitchen knife that can be used to slice, chop, mince, scrape, and even crush ingredients. The tall blade of the Chinese Cleaver enables it to be safely guided with the knuckles of your free hand when 'tap chopping’, ‘push cutting’, or ‘pull cutting’. This makes it possible to cut large fruit and vegetables, such as cabbages, easily and safely.
Knife Model: Sugimoto Virgin Carbon Steel Chinese Cleaver
Blade Material: Virgin Carbon Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Round Shaped Natural Wooden Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Chinese Cleaver 220mm (8.6")
Blade length: 220mm
Blade Width: 112mm
Blade Thickness: 4mm
Total Weight: 554g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.