Using a high purity special stainless steel produced by a Swedish steel company, Misono has combined time-tested tradition techniques with new technological advances to create their ultimate line of stainless steel Chef's knives. The UX10 Series have exceptionally rust-resistant blades yet, just like high carbon steel knives, they offer extremely sharp edges and are easy to re-sharpen (HRc. 59-60). Perfect balance and grip is provided by using full tang construction, water-resistant black pakkawood (Resin impregnated wood composite) handle scales and a nickel silver bolster, which adds a stylish accent.
Misono craftsmen make extra hand sharpening steps by whetstone for all of UX10 Series knives. You can experience extreme sharpness and high cutting performance straight from the box!
The tall blade and rounded nose / tip of the Santoku make it a versatile knife that is well suited to cutting meat, fish, or vegetables; Hence it’s name, which literally means “Three-purpose”. The Santoku is often recommended as a multi-purpose kitchen knife.
Knife Model: Misono UX10 Series Santoku
Blade Material: Sweden Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 59 to 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 70/30
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Nickel Silver Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Santoku 180mm (7")
Cutting edge length: 185mm
Total Length: 310mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 47mm
Handle Length: 127mm
Total Weight: 170g
Misono produces proper blade grind angle and edge geometry for left handed version at following additional cost from regular one. Misono also puts logo on opposite side of blade to identify the left handed version. Please allow 2 business days for the left handed Misono knives to deliver.
Paring, Petty, Santoku, Gyuto, Sujihiki, Slicer, Fillet Knife 15% extra of the regular ones
Honesuki, Garasuki, Western Deba 30% extra of the regular ones
Serrated Slicer (Bread Knife) 50% extra of the regular ones
For more info
Generally, Japanese kitchen knives are designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. Misono produces 100% left handed version with suitable blade grind angle and edge geometry from the beginning process.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and its sharp edge of your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.