Made using a very pure Swedish high carbon tool steel, each knife in the Misono Swedish Steel Series is very carefully hand-forged to create a masterpiece of "Hagane Hocho" that features excellent edge sharpness, very good edge retention and is easy to re-sharpen (HRc. 60).
Because Misono knives look like many other classic Western Chef’s knives, it often difficult for inexperienced users to discern the quality of their blades. To help us express the quality of Misono’s knives to our customers, we thought the opinion of a professional who has over half a century of experience in the knife industry and decades of experience in using and sharpening many different kinds of knife. He clearly stated that in his, unbiased opinion, Misosno’s Swedish Steel Series knives are the best carbon steel knives currently being made in Japan.
This knife feature full tang construction, water-resistant black pakkawood (Resin impregnated wood composite) handle scales and steel bolsters for extra durability and improved blade balance.
The Garasuki shares the same overall blade profile as the Honesuki, but the Garasuki is larger in size, thicker, and heavier. These features make it ideal for de-boning and breaking down the larger sizes of poultry and cuts of meat. Just like the Honesuki, many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Misono produces proper blade grind angle and edge geometry for left handed version (100% left handed version) from the beginning process at following additional cost from regular one. Misono also puts logo on opposite side of blade to identify the left handed version. Please allow 2 business days for the left handed Misono knives to deliver.
Paring, Petty, Santoku, Gyuto, Sujihiki, Slicer, Fillet Knife 15% extra of the regular ones
Honesuki, Garasuki, Western Deba 30% extra of the regular ones
Serrated Slicer (Bread Knife) 50% extra of the regular ones
For more info
Generally, Japanese kitchen knives are designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. Misono produces 100% left handed version with suitable blade grind angle and edge geometry from the beginning process.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and sharp edge of your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.