Kanetsugu Pro S knives have Katana Handle motif of hollow 18-8 stainless steel handles seamlessly fitted to their blades. They are very sanitary, non-slip, comfortable, light weight and well balanced. The blades of the Pro S series have a custom-designed convex blade profile that provides outstanding cutting performance and thin cutting edges, which are suitable for fine cutting tasks. The blades are made from AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel and are corrosion-resistant, tough, strong and easy to re-sharpen. These characteristics make these knives very suitable for first-time users of Japanese knives, but cost-conscious professionals will also appreciate them.
The tall blade and rounded nose / tip of the Santoku make it a versatile knife that is well suited to cutting meat, fish, or vegetables; Hence it’s name, which literally means “Three-purpose”. The Santoku is often recommended as a multi-purpose kitchen knife.
Knife Model: Kanetsugu Pro S Series Santoku
Blade Material: AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Seamless 18-8 Stainless Steel Handle & Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Santoku 170mm (6.6")
Cutting edge length: 170mm
Total Length: 300mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 43mm
Handle Length: 113mm
Total Weight: 146g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.