The secret behind the outstanding cutting performance of Kanetsugu knives is their custom-designed convex blade profile and their thin cutting edges, which are suitable for fine cutting tasks. The AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel blades of the Pro M series are corrosion-resistant, tough, strong and easy of re-sharpen. These characteristics make them very suitable for first-time users of Japanese knives, but cost-conscious professionals will also appreciate them. Their handles are made from black-colored pakkawood, which is water-resistant, durable and very stable. The rounded handle shape provides a comfortable, secure grip and is well balanced against the weight of the blade.
The long, narrow, graceful blade of the Sujihiki is particularly useful for trimming away sinew and fat from meat, finely slicing meat or boneless fish, or for filleting and skinning fish. The long blade allows the meat or fish to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip.
Knife Model: Kanetsugu Pro M Series Sujihiki
Blade Material: AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Sujihiki 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 240mm
Total Length: 365mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 38mm
Handle Length: 113mm
Total Weight: 146g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.