The secret behind the outstanding cutting performance of Kanetsugu knives is their custom-designed convex blade profile and their thin cutting edges, which are suitable for fine cutting tasks. The AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel blades of the Pro M series are corrosion-resistant, tough, strong and easy of re-sharpen. These characteristics make them very suitable for first-time users of Japanese knives, but cost-conscious professionals will also appreciate them. Their handles are made from black-colored pakkawood, which is water-resistant, durable and very stable. The rounded handle shape provides a comfortable, secure grip and is well balanced against the weight of the blade.
Honesuki knives were originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: Kanetsugu Pro M Series Boning Knife
Blade Material: AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Boning 145mm (5.7")
Cutting edge length: 145mm
Total Length: 275mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 41mm
Handle Length: 118mm
Total Weight: 144g
Sorry. This knife is not available for left handed version.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.