Since my first glance, I knew that these beautiful Damascus knives should be called "Uzushio" (渦潮), which means "Whirling Tides" in Japanese. The beautiful and unique Vortex Damascus pattern of the "Uzushio" knife reminded me of tidal waves, which each have a unique shape that is constantly changing.
Each knife has a unique and beautiful Vortex Damascus blade. They feature a hand sharpened, hand honed VG-10 stainless steel blade core that is clad on both sides with 33 layers of nickel-stainless Damascus steel (HRc. 60-61. Double bevel blade with 50/50 symmetrical grind).
The knives feature a full-tang construction, Black Pakka Wood handles scales, a stainless steel bolster and stainless steel handle rivets/pins.
Whether you are looking to buy your first Japanese knife, or looking for a beautiful Damascus knife, our moderately priced range of high quality "Uzushio" knives are highly recommended.
A mainstay of professional Western kitchens, the Petty knife is a small general-purpose knife used for peeling, shaping, and slicing fruits and vegetables, chopping herbs, and making garnishes. The compact size and relatively narrow blade of the Petty knife mean that it is very nimble and controllable, thus it is ideal for making precise cuts.
Knife Model: JCK Natures Uzushio Series Petty
Blade Material: VG-10 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Petty 140mm (5.5")
Cutting edge length: 140mm
Total Length: 250mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 28mm
Handle Length: 108mm
Total Weight: 88g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.