“INAZUMA, that means "Thunder Lightning” in Japanese. Like Thunder lightning, the JCK INAZUMA will flash and shine your kitchen to bring you the joy of cooking with fine cutting performance.
Inazuma knife has a unique & beautiful Tsuchime (“Hammered pattern”) textured Damascus blade. This knifefeatures a hand sharpened and hand honed AUS-10 Nickel Damascus stainless steel blade (HRc. 60-61. 50/50 symmetrically ground double beveled edge).
Inazuma knife has Octagon Shape Red-Sandalwood handle with black pakka wood ferrule.
The long, narrow, graceful blade of the Sujihiki is particularly useful for trimming away sinew and fat from meat, finely slicing meat or boneless fish, or for filleting and skinning fish. The long blade allows the meat or fish to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip.
Knife Model: JCK Natures Inazuma Series Wa Sujihiki
Blade Material: AUS-10 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Red-Sandal Wooden Handle with Black Pakka Wood Ferrules
Saya Included: No.
Wa Sujihiki 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 245mm
Total Length: 385mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 37mm
Handle Length: 125mm
Total Weight: 136g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.