Fujiwara Kanefusa FKM Knife is a basic utilitarian knife that is made from AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel - A popular Japanese stainless steel with good cutting performance, rust resistance and ease of re-sharpening.
This knife has comfortable black pakkawood handles and a stainless steel bolster, which provides good blade balance and a fine grip.
We recommend Fujiwara FKM knife to first-time buyers of Japanese knives because of their reliable quality and affordable pricing. Fujiwara FKM knife has good strength, cutting performance and ease of maintenance, which are some of most important features for first-time users of Japanese knives.
A stylish and attractive alternative version, which has a wine-colored pakkawood handle, is also available for your choice.
Honesuki knives were originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: Fujiwara Kanefusa FKM Series Boning Knife / Honesuki
Blade Material: AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57 to 58
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 70/30
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Or Wine Color Pakka Wood Handle with Stainlesss Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Boning 150mm (5.9")
Cutting edge length: 150mm
Total Length: 270mm
Blade Thickness: 2.8mm
Blade Width: 40mm
Handle Length: 115mm
Total Weight: 167g
Fujiwara Kanefusa craftsman is ready to make suitable edge geometry for left handed version by hand sharpening process at 10% extra of the regular price. Please allow 2 to 3 business days for left handed version to deliver.
For your information, most of the Japanese Kitchen knives come originally with double bevel edge sharpened 70/30 (face side/back side) for Western style knives. This geometry came from Japanese Traditional knives with single bevel edge and Shinogi blade construction. This is one of the special features and reasons why Japanese knives have an excellent cutting performance.
However, this 70/30 edge geometry is designed for right hand use, so we have a service to modify it to 30/70 for left handed users with re-sharpening process by skilled craftsman.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.