Our JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan brand of Japanese traditional-style knives are hand forged and hand sharpened by top-ranking forge-smiths, sharpeners and craftsmen in Sakai City, Osaka.
They take exceptional care to ensure that every single detail of their knives is correct, from the initial forging to the final sharpening, the fit and finish of these knives is outstanding.
This is the special order made Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited Model and available with limited quantity. Due to many requests from our customers, now the Single Bevel Edge of Japanese Traditional Style Boning Knife is being available.
Gingami No.3 is a high-grade Japanese stainless cutlery steel for the cutting performance and edge retention similar to high carbon steels, but improved resistance to corrosion. Hon Kasumi finished which means the experienced craftsmen’s time-consuming hand sharpening and hand finishing process.
Honesuki knife is originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Limited, Hon Kasumi Gingami No.3 Boning Knife
Blade Material: Gingami No.3
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: No.
Boning Knife 180mm (7")
Cutting edge length: 170mm
Blade Thickness: 4.2mm
Blade Width: 48mm
Total Weight: 165g
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.