This beautiful and unique, traditional hammer forged, custom Damascus blade is made with a VG-10 core forged Nickel Damascus Stainless steel. The hammer-forged blade is heat-treated to HRc.62 and features a traditional Japanese Hamaguri-Ba (Convex) blade grind; a combination that provides remarkable cutting performance and edge retention.
The polished Damascus blade has an uneven surface texture and has a style and appearance that is very different to the other Damascus blades, which are on the market. You can sense Master Saki’s vitality and powerful spirit is present inside the blade.
Master Saji chose to use a green and black layered Linen Micarta® for the handle scales, due to its durability, water-resistance and strong resistance to shrinking.
A mainstay of professional Western kitchens, the Petty knife is a small general-purpose knife used for peeling, shaping, and slicing fruits and vegetables, chopping herbs, and making garnishes. The compact size and relatively narrow blade of the Petty knife mean that it is very nimble and controllable, thus it is ideal for making precise cuts.
Knife Model: Takeshi Saji VG-10 Custom Damascus Wild Series Petty
Blade Material: VG-10 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 Blade
Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Green Linen Micarta Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Petty 135mm (5.3")
Total Length: 245mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Total Weight: 124g
Petty 150mm (5.9")
Total Length: 265mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Total Weight: 153g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.