Master Saji has now been making knives for over 40 years and has become highly experienced in his art.
After testing and evaluating a very reputable Powdered Metallurgy High Speed Tool Steel, called “R-2” (Manufactured by Kobelco), he decided to produce an exciting new range of this traditionally hammer-forged Damascus kitchen knife using this modern ‘super steel’.
The polished R-2 Damascus blade has an uneven surface texture and has a style and appearance that is very different to the other Damascus blades, which are on the market. You can sense Master Saji’s vitality and powerful spirit is present inside the blade. This knife fitted with Stag Bone handle scales and polished stainless steel bolster and rivets, which match the energetic style of the Damascus blade.
Honesuki knife is originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: Takeshi Saji R-2 Custom Damascus Wild Series Boning Knife
Blade Material: R-2 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Stag Bone Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Boning Knife 150mm (5.9")
Cutting edge length: 150mm
Total Length: 270mm
Blade Thickness: 2.4mm
Blade Width: 38mm
Handle Length: 115mm
Total Weight: 193g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Powdered High Speed Tool Steel blade kitchen knife that has a rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab..
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.