Using a high purity special stainless steel produced by a Swedish steel company, Misono
has combined time-tested tradition techniques with new technological advances to create their ultimate line of stainless steel Chef's knives. The UX10 Series
have exceptionally rust-resistant blades yet, just like high carbon steel knives, they offer extremely sharp edges and are easy to re-sharpen (HRc. 59-60). Perfect balance and grip is provided by using full tang construction, water-resistant black pakkawood (Resin impregnated wood composite) handle scales and a nickel silver bolster, which adds a stylish accent.
Misono craftsmen make extra hand sharpening steps by whetstone for all of UX10 Series knives. You can experience extreme sharpness and high cutting performance straight from the box!
Honesuki knives were originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: Misono UX10 Series American Style Boning
Blade Material: Sweden Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 59 to 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Nickel Silver Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Boning Knife 110mm (4.3")
Cutting edge length: 115mm
Total Length: 270mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 20mm
Handle Length: 140mm
Total Weight: 158g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and its sharp edge of your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.