This rare, upgraded versions of the Misono Molybdenum Steel Series knife features unique oval dimples ground in to the blade. The oval dimples help to prevent food from sticking to the blade during cutting and also reduce friction, creating a smooth and effortless cutting experience.
The blade is made from AUS-8 (HRc. 57), a high carbon 13 Chrome Molybdenum stainless steel that has strong corrosion-resistance, great durability, high cutting performance and is easy to re-sharpen.
The knife features full tang construction, water-resistant black pakkawood (Resin impregnated wood composite) handle scales and stainless steel bolsters for extra durability and improved blade balance.
Misono craftsmen make extra hand sharpening steps by whetstone for all of Molybdenum Steel with Dimples Series knives. You can experience extreme sharpness and high cutting performance straight from the box!
The tall blade and rounded nose / tip of the Santoku make it a versatile knife that is well suited to cutting meat, fish, or vegetables; Hence it’s name, which literally means “Three-purpose”. The Santoku is often recommended as a multi-purpose kitchen knife.
Knife Model: Misono Molybdenum Steel with Dimples Series Santoku
Blade Material: AUS-8
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Santoku 180mm (7")
Cutting edge length: 180mm
Total Length: 305mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 47mm
Handle Length: 112mm
Total Weight: 151g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.