Misono produces the 440 Series to meet the demanding requirement of culinary professionals, who need knives that have passed rigorous quality control standards, have excellent rust-resistance and cutting performance, and are also quick and easy to re-sharpen.
Misono uses “High 16 Chromium and Molybdenum Stainless Steel" (HRc. 58-59), which offers superior durability, rust resistance and ease of sharpening than standard Molybdenum stainless steels.
This knife features full tang construction, water-resistant black pakkawood (Resin impregnated wood composite) handle scales and stainless steel bolsters for extra durability and improved blade balance.
The tall blade and rounded nose / tip of the Santoku make it a versatile knife that is well suited to cutting meat, fish, or vegetables; Hence it’s name, which literally means “Three-purpose”. The Santoku is often recommended as a multi-purpose kitchen knife.
Knife Model: Misono 440 Series Santoku
Blade Material: Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 58 to 59
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 70/30
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolste
Saya Included: No.
Santoku 180mm (7")
Cutting edge length: 185mm
Total Length: 310mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 48mm
Total Weight: 159g
Misono produces proper blade grind angle and edge geometry for left handed version at following additional cost from regular one. Misono also puts logo on opposite side of blade to identify the left handed version. Please allow 2 business days for the left handed Misono knives to deliver.
Paring, Petty, Santoku, Gyuto, Sujihiki, Slicer, Fillet Knife 15% extra of the regular ones
Honesuki, Garasuki, Western Deba 30% extra of the regular ones
Serrated Slicer (Bread Knife) 50% extra of the regular ones
For more info
Generally, Japanese kitchen knives are designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. Misono produces 100% left handed version with suitable blade grind angle and edge geometry from the beginning process.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.