The KS Series is Masamoto’s range of high-grade Sweden Stainless Steel Japanese traditional-style knife. Masamoto KS Series Wa Gyuto is completely hand sharpened, polished and finished by especially skilled and experienced craftsmen, which results in extra edge sharpness and a more refined level of finish.
Masamoto KS Series knife uses a blade core of Sweden Stainless Steel (HRc. 59-60). This is the Stainless Steel Version of Masamoto's popular KS White Steel No.2 Wa Gyuto.
Each knife is fitted with a traditional Japanese ‘D-shaped’ magnolia wood handle with a water buffalo horn ferrule / collar and also includes a matching magnolia wood Saya (Sheath) for safekeeping.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: Masamoto KS Series SW-Wa Gyuto
Blade Material: Sweden Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 59 to 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: D Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Wa Gyuto 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 255mm
Total Length: 405mm
Blade Thickness: 2.8mm
Blade Width: 48mm
Handle Length: 137mm
Total Weight: 155g
Wa Gyuto 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 285mm
Total Length: 440mm
Blade Thickness: 2.8mm
Blade Width: 53mm
Handle Length: 142mm
Total Weight: 204g
Wa Gyuto 300mm (11.8")
Total Length: mm
Blade Thickness: mm
Blade Width: mm
Total Weight: g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.