KH Series knives feature a special hand-forged Damascus blade, which is produced by forge-welding eight layers of Hitachi Ao-Ko #2 (Blue Steel No.2; HRc. 62- 63) together with several more layers of soft iron.
Masamoto’s artisans use all of their passion, energy and blade smithing expertise to produce these especially beautiful, strongly patterned Damascus blades. The artistry of these KH Series knives truly exemplifies Masamoto’s long tradition of, and commitment to improving, fine craftsmanship.
Masamoto KH knife is fitted with a ‘D-shaped’ traditional Japanese magnolia wood handle with a water buffalo horn ferrule / collar and also includes a matching magnolia wood Saya (Sheath) for safekeeping.
Masamoto KH Series knife is made by special order request and is available in limited quantities, so please ask us about availability and delivery times before placing an order. This beautiful masterpiece is well worth waiting for and will not fail to impress you!
The Japanese Deba, which is also called the Hon-deba (Literally, “true deba"), is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: Masamoto KH Series Deba
Blade Material: Blue Steel No.2 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: D Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Deba 150mm (5.9")
Total Length: 295mm
Blade Thickness: 6.3mm
Blade Width: 50mm
Total Weight: 200g
Deba 165mm (6.4")
Total Length: 315mm
Blade Thickness: 6.8mm
Blade Width: 50mm
Total Weight: 230g
Total Length: 330mm
Blade Thickness: 7.2mm
Blade Width: 54mm
Total Weight: 300g
Total Length: 360mm
Blade Thickness: 8.2mm
Blade Width: 55mm
Total Weight: 420g
Deba 210mm (8.2")
Total Length: 380mm
Blade Thickness: 8.3mm
Blade Width: 61mm
Total Weight: 470g
Deba 225mm (8.8")
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and their sharp edge of your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.