Kanetsugu Pro S knives have Katana Handle motif of hollow 18-8 stainless steel handles seamlessly fitted to their blades. They are very sanitary, non-slip, comfortable, light weight and well balanced. The blades of the Pro S series have a custom-designed convex blade profile that provides outstanding cutting performance and thin cutting edges, which are suitable for fine cutting tasks. The blades are made from AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium stainless steel and are corrosion-resistant, tough, strong and easy to re-sharpen. These characteristics make these knives very suitable for first-time users of Japanese knives, but cost-conscious professionals will also appreciate them.
Honesuki knives were originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: Kanetsugu Pro S Series Boning Knife
Blade Material: AUS-8 Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Seamless 18-8 Stainless Steel Handle & Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Boning 145mm (5.7")
Cutting edge length: 145mm
Total Length: 285mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 41mm
Handle Length: 123mm
Total Weight: 160g
Sorry. This knife is not available for left handed version.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.