“Stylish” and “Practical” were the design concepts behind these sensational new Kanetsugu Hyrbrid Wa Bocho knives. Each blade is a solid piece of rust-resistant High Carbon Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel (HRc. 57) and their stylish handles use modern materials and technology to ensure that they provide a secure and comfortable grip, are easy to maintain and are durable. Recommended for Home Sushi Chefs and first-time buyers of Japanese Traditional-style knives.
The Japanese word "Ko" means “small” or “short” in English, and the Ko-deba is a small Deba that is commonly used in coastal areas of Japan to fillet and butterfly small saltwater fish. The Ko-deba is useful knife for home cooks that prefer to clean and fillet the smaller sizes of fish, including small freshwater fishes such as trout.
Knife Model: Kanetsugu Hybrid Wa Bocho Series Small Deba
Blade Material: High Carbon Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: ABS resin bolster/butt-end and silver anodized aluminum handle
Saya Included: No.
Small Deba 105mm (4.1")
Total Length: 225mm
Total Weight: 104g
Small Deba 120mm (4.7")
Total Length: 240mm
Total Weight: 149g
Sorry. This knife is not available for left handed version.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.