“Stylish” and “Practical” were the design concepts behind these sensational new Kanetsugu Hyrbrid Wa Bocho knives. Each blade is a solid piece of rust-resistant High Carbon Molybdenum Vanadium Stainless Steel (HRc. 57) and their stylish handles use modern materials and technology to ensure that they provide a secure and comfortable grip, are easy to maintain and are durable. Recommended for Home Sushi Chefs and first-time buyers of Japanese Traditional-style knives.
The Japanese Deba, which is also called the Hon-deba (Literally, “true deba"), is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: Kanetsugu Hybrid Wa Bocho Series Deba
Blade Material: High Carbon Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 57
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: ABS resin bolster/butt-end and silver anodized aluminum handle
Saya Included: No.
Deba 150mm (5.9")
Total Length: 280mm
Total Weight: 264g
Deba 165mm (6.4")
Total Length: 300mm
Total Weight: 297g
Deba 180mm (7")
Total Length: 325mm
Total Weight: 320g
Sorry. This knife is not available for left handed version.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and its sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.