"JCK Kagayaki" Series Chinese Cleavers (Chuka-Bocho) that are reasonably priced for the first users. Chinese Cleaver is not so common for home cooking, so the production was limited and priced high, however, it is a practical knife for slicing and chopping, than you imagine from the size and shape of the blade.
JCK has worked for quantity production to reduce the costs, and is bringing you a chance to get a quality Chinese Cleaver at an affordable price which is smaller size of Chinese Cleaver and suitable for home cooking. High Carbon Steel blade (Solid Japanese HAGANE) with Rose wood handle.
The Chinese Cleaver is a highly versatile general-purpose kitchen knife that can be used to slice, chop, mince, scrape, and even crush ingredients. The tall blade of the Chinese Cleaver enables it to be safely guided with the knuckles of your free hand when 'tap chopping’, ‘push cutting’, or ‘pull cutting’. This makes it possible to cut large fruit and vegetables, such as cabbages, easily and safely.
Knife Model: Kagayaki High Carbon Steel Chinese Cleaver
Blade Material: High Carbon Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 70/30
Handle Material: Rose Wood Handle
Saya Included: No.
Chinese Cleaver Small 180mm (7")
Blade length: 180mm
Blade Width: 86mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Total Weight: 306g
Our craftsmen make suitable edge geometry for left handed version by hand sharpening process at US$10 extra. Please allow 3 to 6 days for the left handed version to deliver.
For your information, most of the Japanese Kitchen knives come originally with double bevel edge sharpened 70/30 (face side/back side) for Western style knives. This geometry came from Japanese Traditional knives with single bevel edge and Shinogi blade construction. This is one of the special features and reasons why Japanese knives have an excellent cutting performance.
However, this 70/30 edge geometry is designed for right hand use, so we have a service to modify it to 30/70 for left handed users with re-sharpening process by skilled craftsman.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.