“KAGAYAKI Basic Series” knife is made with V-Gold No.1 stainless steel, heat-treated to HRc. 60. This beautiful sparkling blade is meticulously hand finished and their smooth pakkawood handles will fit your hand comfortably. We think that in terms of quality control and cutting performance this knife is a work of art, it will bring joy to home cooks and chefs alike.
Kagayaki Basic Series knives are made by Mr. Gotou’s fine Craftsman Team. For 40 years, it has been Mr. Gotou’s goal to make highly functional blades that have excellent cutting performance, blade geometry, edge sharpness and durability. He has made knives for many famous Japanese retailers and knife companies, and we recommend his knives with confidence.
The Japanese Deba, which is also called the Hon-deba (Literally, “true deba"), is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: JCK Original Kagayaki Basic Series Deba
Blade Material: VG-1 Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 70/30
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Deba 180mm (7")
Cutting edge length: 185mm
Total Length: 310mm
Blade Thickness: 4.5mm
Blade Width: 53mm
Handle Length: 118mm
Total Weight: 352g
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- *After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.