When people select own knife, cutting performance and edge retention are always one of the priority list. Moreover, it will be great if the knife does not require much additional care and attention in terms of daily maintenance,
This “Deep Impact” knife matches aforementioned preferences very well.
Its blade is made of Japan’s premium high carbon steel, Aogami Super (“Blue Super Steel”), which is sandwiched between two layers of soft stainless steel and then heat treated to HRc. 64-65.
The handle is made from black paper Micarta, which is a very durable and stable material. It is water-resistant, and will not shrink or crack in the same way that wood does.
The Nakiri is a double bevel edged knife that is rectangular in profile and has a tall, thin blade. It is popular throughout Japan and is often used by home cooks for quickly and efficiently chopping, slicing or mincing vegetables and fruit. It is becoming increasingly popular with vegetarians.
Knife Model: JCK Natures Deep Impact Series Nakiri
Blade Material: Aogami Super Clad
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 64 to 65
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Paper Micarta Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Nakiri 165mm (6.4")
Cutting edge length: 160mm
Total Length: 290mm
Blade Thickness: 2mm
Blade Width: 45mm
Handle Length: 118mm
Total Weight: 185g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and its sharp edge of your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.