This Limited Edition knife is from the great Master Ichiro Hattori !
Master Hattori has used a new type of DuPont™ Corian®, called "Deep Lapis", for the handle scales of these knives. It has a unique, beautiful appearance that reminds us of stars and asteroids in the blackness of space.
DuPont™ Corian® is a practical handle material that is very durable and water resistant. Master Hattori has carefully hand-contoured the handle and Stainless Steel bolster to provide a perfect, comfortable grip and superb blade balance.
Only a limited number of these new Hattori FH Series knives with "Deep Lapis" Corian® handles are available and we expect many of our discerning customers will find these stylish, highly practical knives appealing; consequently, please order soon to avoid disappointment!
After years of collaborative work with members of the "In the Kitchen" sub-forum at "Knife Forums" and the premier knife maker, Mr. Ichiro Hattori, we are proud to introduce our first JCK Original high-end Chef's knives: the "Hattori FH Series".
The Hattori FH Series is produced in very small batches to ensure the highest levels of product quality and performance. Every aspect of design and manufacture has been taken into consideration; from the ergonomics, geometry and balance of the blades and hand-contoured handles, to the special process used to heat treat the blades.
The blades of our FH Series knives are made from solid VG-10 Cobalt Steel (HRc. 60-61). At first glance these stainless steel blades might appear 'simple', but Master Hattori’s high level of craftsmanship and attention to detail is clearly visible if you carefully inspect their hand-sharpened edges and finely polished blades.
Honesuki knives were originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: Hattori Forums FH Series Limited Edition Boning Knife
Blade Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: "Deep Lapis" Corian® Handle
Saya Included: No.
Boning Knife 160mm (6.2")
Cutting edge length: 160mm
Total Length: 290mm
Blade Thickness: 2.5mm
Blade Width: 42mm
Handle Length: 120mm
Total Weight: 191g
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.