After years of the collaborative work with the Knife Forums "In the Kitchen" members and the premier knife maker, Mr.Ichiro Hattori, we are proud to introduce our first JCK Original, FH Series Hattori / Forums high end Chef's knives.
Hattori FH Series knife is produced in very small batches to ensure a high level of quality and performance. Every detail in design and manufacture has been taken into consideration from the special heat treat process, to the hand contoured handle and to the balance, ergonomics and profile of each knife.
The blade is made of VG-10 Cobalt Steel (HRC60 to 61). Even though it is simple appearance, we can feel the Hattori’s detailed works high level of craftsmanship from finely hand sharpened and polished blade.
For the handle material, Master Hattori chose the African Black wood which has an elegant look of dark & simple textures. Hattori's fine custom hand working process can be seen on its well hand contoured and perfect shaped handle.
Mr. Hattori believes that the comfortable and well balanced handles are as important as the good blades, so he pays a special attention to the details of not only for the outside looks, but also for the durability against crack and shrinkage that may happen in a long range of use on these natural materials. Before assembling and shaping the handle slabs, each selected wooden block is stabilized in the boiled wax for 3 hours, and then cut into two pieces for matching woodgrain patterns for both sides. In fact, when I first saw and gripped it in my hand, I felt something warmness and comfortable sense of touch with this hand shaped natural wood handle.
Honesuki knives were originally intended to be a specialist knife for de-boning and breaking down poultry, but many people have found this knife is also capable of filleting fish or red meat and can perform many of the tasks that Western boning knives are used for.
Knife Model: Hattori Forums FH Series Boning Knife
Blade Material: VG-10 Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: African Black Wood Handle
Saya Included: No.
Boning Knife 160mm (6.2")
Cutting edge length: 160mm
Total Length: 290mm
Blade Thickness: 2.5mm
Blade Width: 42mm
Handle Length: 120mm
Total Weight: 177g
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.