The Fujiwara Kanefusa Kurouchi Nakiri knife has unique “Black Forged” (Kurouchi) blade. The blade core is made from Hitachi White Steel No.2, which is sandwiched with soft iron.
The black-colored Kurouchi finish, which covers the upper soft iron part of the blade, is a special traditional coating that produces a unique luster and improved corrosion-resistance. However, while Kurouchi knives require less maintenance than typical carbon steel knives, please remember that the White Steel No.2 blade core and the soft iron portion of the bevel can still discolor or rust easily.
The knife comes with the popular “D-Shaped” traditional-style handle, which is made from magnolia wood and a water buffalo horn ferrule.
The Nakiri is a double bevel edged knife that is rectangular in profile and has a tall, thin blade. It is popular throughout Japan and is often used by home cooks for quickly and efficiently chopping, slicing or mincing vegetables and fruit. It is becoming increasingly popular with vegetarians.
Knife Model: Fujiwara Kanefusa FKJ Series Kurouchi Nakiri
Blade Material: White Steel No.2
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: D Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: No.
Nakiri 165mm (6.4")
Cutting edge length: 165mm
Total Length: 315mm
Blade Thickness: 4mm
Blade Width: 51mm
Total Weight: 144g
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and its sharp edge of your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.