Our Special Craftsman Team specializes in making only the highest-grade of Japanese traditional-style knives, which can only be produced using time-consuming hand work and extraordinary attention to detail during every step of hand making.
The blade is made from solid Swedish stainless steel (HRc. 60), which is well known for its purity and fine grain structure. The combination of this steel and the finely sharpened blades of the knife, mean they are particularly good for precise or detailed cutting tasks.
Japanese traditional-style octagonal handle is made from magnolia wood, and have a water buffalo horn ferrule. Each knife also includes a matching magnolia wood Saya (“Sheath”) for safekeeping.
This is the ideal shape of unique Wa Gyuto for cutting, slicing vegetables, meats, any foods. Special order made, unique Kamagata Wa Gyuto which is originally designed by skillful sharpener and craftsmen Team.
Knife Model: JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Sweden Stainless Steel Series Kamagata Wa Gyuto (Single Bevel Edge)
Blade Material: Pure Sweden Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: No.
Kamagata Wa Gyuto 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 230mm
Total Length: 300mm
Blade Thickness: 2.4mm
Blade Width: 42mm
Handle Length: 144mm
Total Weight: 152g
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.