Very impressive and the unique Kurouchi (“Black-forged”) finish of the blade and its beautiful color gradation. The Kurouchi finished section of the blade (See Top-half) also has a unique Tsuchime (“Hammered pattern”) texture. It contrasts beautifully with the cloudy grey colored Kasumi (“True mist”) finished upper blade bevel and the shining silver of the polished cutting edge.
A cutting edge of high carbon Hitachi White Steel No.2 that is welded forged with soft iron for increased toughness and ease of re-sharpening. White Steel No.2 is a pure Japanese high carbon steel and popular carbon steel for high cutting performance and ease of re-sharpening.
We offer you a choice of two different types of handle:
- A traditional ‘Oval-shaped’ handle in magnolia wood with a water buffalo horn ferrule
- ‘Oval-shaped’ handle in dark-red sandalwood with a black pakkawood ferrule that nicely complements the Kurouchi blade.
The Japanese Deba, which is also called the Hon-deba (Literally, “true deba"), is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Kurouchi White steel No.2 Series Deba
Blade Material: White Steel No.2
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Oval-Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with water buffalo horn ferrules
Saya Included: No.
Deba 165mm (6.4")
Cutting edge length: 170mm
Total Length: 310mm
Blade Thickness: 7.5mm
Blade Width: 55mm
Handle Length: 128mm
Total Weight: 321g
Deba 180mm (7")
Cutting edge length: 183mm
Total Length: 330mm
Blade Thickness: 8mm
Blade Width: 55mm
Handle Length: 133mm
Total Weight: 336g
Sorry. This knife is not available for left handed version.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and its sharp edge of your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.