Our Japanese traditional-style Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan knives are hand forged and hand sharpened by our team of top-ranking forge-smiths, sharpeners and craftsmen in Sakai City, Osaka. We have confidence that these knives will be well received because of the following advantages:
- The level of craftsmanship offered by our special team of artisans:
- Because our team of craftsmen pay extra attention during the production of the knife, especially during ‘fit and finishing’, the knives have an excellent level of overall quality and are aesthetically beautiful.
- No compromises are made during the finishing and fitting of the blade and handle. Particular attention is paid to the spine, the finger choil / heel, and the gap between the blade tang and the handle (The “Machi”). This extra work is not just important for the overall appearance of the knife; it also allows a more comfortable grip and provides a more secure handle. As a result, these knives are perfect for customers who care about both the aesthetic appearance and the functionality of their knives.
- We have a direct relationship with our team of top-ranking craftsmen in Sakai:
- This allows us to offer you the very highest quality knives at especially low prices.
- This allows us to offer you a wide range of traditional Japanese Hon Kasumi(“True Mist”, or “True Haze”) style knives, in both Blue No. 2 high carbon steel and Gingami No. 3 stainless steel.
A cutting edge of high carbon Hitachi Gingami No.3 that is welded forged with soft stainless steel for increased toughness and ease of re-sharpening.
Gingami No.3 is a high-grade Japanese stainless cutlery steel for the cutting performance and edge retention similar to high carbon steels, but improved resistance to corrosion.
This knife comes with a comfortable octagonal magnolia wood handle with black water buffalo horn ferrule / bolster, and includes a matching magnolia wood Saya (“Sheath”) -with black pakkawood saya pin- for safekeeping.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: JCK Original Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan Hon Kasumi Series Wa Gyuto
Blade Material: Gingami No.3
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Wa Gyuto 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 230mm
Blade Thickness: 3.5mm
Blade Width: 47mm
Total Weight: 210g
Wa Gyuto 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 260mm
Blade Thickness: 4mm
Blade Width: 50mm
Total Weight: 245g
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.