Kanetsugu Pro J knives use a new high-grade Japanese cobalt stainless steel called ZA-18 (HRc. 60-61) for their cutting edge and an outer cladding of AUS-2 stainless steel for additional strength and toughness. The ZA-18 steel and Kanetsugu’s famous Hamaguri-ba convex blade profile provide next level cutting performance and edge retention. The black pakkawood handle, red fiber spacer and slanted stainless steel bolster provide a comfortable grip good, good blade balance and a stylish appearance. In addition, the Tsuchime (“Hammered pattern”) texture of the blades is not only unique and attractive, but also helps to prevent food from sticking to the blade.
The long, narrow and dimples blade of slicer is particularly useful for slicing meat, boneless fish, roast beef and ham. The long blade allows the meat or fish to be cut in one single drawing motion, from heel to tip.
Knife Model: Kanetsugu Pro J Series Slicer
Blade Material: ZA-18
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Pakka Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Slicer 210mm (8.2")
Cutting edge length: 210mm
Total Length: 340mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 35mm
Handle Length: 125mm
Total Weight: 176g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.