Takeshi Saji, a well respected Master Smith who specializes in making traditionally forged Japanese knives, recently finished this very distinctive collection of traditionally forged knives.
The blades feature a VG-10 core (HRc. 62; Stainless) with outer layers of hand forged Nickel-Damascus Stainless Steel and a traditional Japanese Hamaguri-Ba (Convex) blade grind that provides remarkable cutting performance.
The layers of white-colored Nickel steel in these Damascus blades contrast strongly against the stainless steel layers, producing a powerful wavy Damascus pattern that truly sparkles. To further accentuate the wild appearance of the Damascus, Master Saji decided to partner the blades with unique lacquered handles (Oval-shaped), which have been decorated with a variety of Japanese lacquerware patterns. The texture and unique appearance of these high quality Wa handles compliments Master Saji’s powerful Damascus blades very well and they certainly create an eye-catching combination!
There are total of 5 different lacquered handles to choose from; This particular knife features a distinctive Gold-colored handle that is decorated with Black Spots.
The lightweight and versatile Wa Gyuto can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to perform a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits; it is a true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: Takeshi Saji VG-10 Custom Damascus Wa Gyuto
Blade Material: VG-10 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Oval-Shaped unique lacquered handle (a distinctive pattern of Gold-colored handle that is decorated with Black Spots)
Saya Included: No.
Wa Gyuto 210mm (8.2")
Cutting edge length: 210mm
Total Length: 350mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 45mm
Handle Length: 128mm
Total Weight: 135g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.