With their beautiful mirror polish and unique Tsuchime (“Hammered eyes”) texture, Master Saji’s newly developed SRS-13 Custom Knives have an appearance unlike any of his other knives. These distinctive new knives are now available for ordering!
SRS-13 is a high quality Powdered High Speed Tool Steel that is produced by Sanyo Steel Company, and Master Saji has great confidence in its supreme cutting performance and edge retention. The attractive shiny SRS-13 blade core of these knives contrasts strongly against the textured outer cladding of soft stainless steel, and the hand-contoured Black Linen Micarta Handle which has nice strength and durability. The knives are also fitted with a stainless steel bolster for improved handle durability and blade balance. So, taken as a complete package, these knives are not only visually striking, but also highly practical and easy to care for.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: Takeshi Saji SRS-13 Series Gyuto (Designed by Nomura)
Blade Material: SRS-13 with Stainless Steel Cladding
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Black Linen Micarta Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Gyuto 210mm (8.2")
Cutting edge length: 210mm
Total Length: 335mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 46mm
Handle Length: 123mm
Total Weight: 220g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right-handed and left-handed use.
Please Note: In general, Japanese Kitchen Knives are designed for right hand use and their blades have a relatively strong convex grind on the right-hand side and relatively weak convex grind (almost straight) on the left-hand side. However, double bevel edge knives with a 50/50 grind can be used by both right-handed and left-handed people without any problems.
We believe that Japanese knives have the best quality and cutting performance in the world, and we hope that you will enjoy the fine craftsmanship and sharp edge of your new knife. With proper care, your new Japanese knife will be your faithful cooking partner for many years to come.
The Powdered High Speed Tool Steel blade core and stainless steel cladding of this kitchen knife are rust resistant for easy maintenance. However, the blade core may discolour or rust if the knife is kept in wet conditions for a long time.
- Please do not put the knife in a dishwashing machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet conditions for a long time.
- After use, please hand-wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly. After washing, wipe the knife clean and dry with a soft cloth and then store it in a dry place.
- This knife is extremely sharp! Please use extreme care when handling and storing it.
- Unlike German-made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to a thin cutting edge for improved cutting performance and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the blade edge from hitting hard materials, or it might chip or crack.
- Please do not use the knife to cut frozen foods, bone, or any hard shell foods such as lobster or crab.
- When your knife eventually becomes dull, we recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen it.