Sukenari’s entry-level range of economically priced White No.2 Steel Hon Kasumi knife is popular with first-time users and inexperienced users of Sushi Chef knives and also professional Chefs.
A cutting edge of high carbon Hitachi Shirogami #2 (White Steel No.2; HRc.62-63) that is welded forged with soft iron for increased toughness and ease of re-sharpening.
The blade heel and spine are finely hand polished for a comfortable and secure grip; the blade is finely sharpened and shiny, just waiting to be used by its new owner.
This knife is fitted with select quality ‘D-shaped’ magnolia wood handles that have water buffalo horn ferrules / collars.
When compared to a similarly sized Hon-deba, the blade of the Mioroshi Deba is narrower, thinner, and has a more acute tip. Mioroshi Deba is perfectly suited to filleting and portioning fish, but it can also slice fish quite well. Some people consider the Mioroshi Deba to be a combination of a Hon-deba and Yanagiba.
Knife Model: Sukenari Hon Kasumi White Steel No.2 Series Mioroshi Deba
Blade Material: White Steel No.2
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: D Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: No.
Mioroshi Deba 210mm (8.2")
Cutting edge length: 215mm
Total Length: 370mm
Blade Thickness: 6mm
Blade Width: 40mm
Handle Length: 140mm
Total Weight: 215g
Mioroshi Deba 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 245mm
Total Length: 411mm
Blade Thickness: 6.8mm
Blade Width: 47mm
Handle Length: 146mm
Total Weight: 327g
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.