Sukenari’s entry-level range of economically priced White No.2 Steel Hon Kasumi knife is popular with first-time users and inexperienced users of Sushi Chef knives and also professional Chefs.
A cutting edge of high carbon Hitachi Shirogami #2 (White Steel No.2; HRc.62-63) that is welded forged with soft iron for increased toughness and ease of re-sharpening.
The blade heel and spine are finely hand polished for a comfortable and secure grip; the blade is finely sharpened and shiny, just waiting to be used by its new owner.
This knife is fitted with select quality ‘D-shaped’ magnolia wood handles that have water buffalo horn ferrules / collars.
The Japanese Deba, which is also called the Hon-deba (Literally, “true deba"), is traditionally used to clean and fillet whole fish, but it is also commonly used for breaking down and dressing poultry and other meat with small bones. The significant weight of the Deba is desirable because, with adequate care, the sturdy heel section of the knife can be used to cut or chop through the bones found in small and medium-sized fish and poultry.
Knife Model: Sukenari Hon Kasumi White Steel No.2 Series Deba
Blade Material: White Steel No.2
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62 to 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: D Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: No.
|Deba 120mm (4.7")
|Deba 150mm (5.9")
|Deba 180mm (7")
Cutting edge length: 185mm
Total Length: 337mm
Blade Thickness: 7.2mm
Blade Width: 52mm
Handle Length: 134mm
Total Weight: 312g
|Deba 210mm (8.2")
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.