Sukenari Aogami No.2 (Blue Steel No.2) High Carbon Steel Hon Kasumi knife is Sukenari’s standard product line. This knife provides additional hardness, toughness and longer edge retention than the White Steel No.2 Hon Kasumi knives, which makes them ideal for people who do not have the time to sharpen their knives during their long working hours.
This laminated knife has a cutting edge of Hitachi Aogami #2 (Blue Steel No.2; HRc. 63) that is welded forged with soft iron for increased toughness and ease of re-sharpening.
Sukenari Blue Steel No.2 Hon Kasumi series knife is fitted with select quality octagonal magnolia wood handles that have water buffalo horn ferrules / collars. They are very comfortable and provide a secure grip.
The single bevel edged Kiritsuke is a versatile knife that can be used to perform some of the tasks usually done by the Yanagiba and Usuba. The heel section of the knife is virtually flat and can be used just like an Usuba.
Knife Model: Sukenari Hon Kasumi Blue Steel No.2 Series Kiritsuke
Blade Material: Blue Steel No.2
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 63
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Single Bevel Edge
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: No.
Kiritsuke 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 230mm
Total Length: 383mm
Blade Thickness: 5mm
Blade Width: 37mm
Handle Length: 138mm
Total Weight: 212g
Kiritsuke 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 237mm
Total Length: 390mm
Blade Thickness: 5mm
Blade Width: 38mm
Handle Length: 140mm
Total Weight: 225g
Japanese Traditional Style “Wa-Bocho” knives generally come with Single bevel edge for right handed use (the opposite side of blade is ground flat with slightly concaved shape). The reverse grinding left handed version is also available at 50% extra of regular price. (Sorry for much extra! Due to a small demand for the left handed version in Japan, it is costly to run a special small production from the beginning step). We try to keep the left handed versions in stock, but once sold out, it may take 30 to 45 days for delivery. Please contact us first for the availability at email.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.