With the over 80 years of knife making history and specialized technical experience, Sukenari is very enthusiastic about producing knives which take advantage of the new generation of stainless cutlery steels and high performance tool steels.
The number of professional Chefs and home cooks that prefer the rust-resistance and ease of maintenance offered by stainless steel kitchen knives is growing every year. To meet these demands, Sukenari decided to produce a high-grade stainless steel kitchen knives with popular and reliable Hitachi Gingami No.3 Japanese stainless steel.
This Sukenari Wa Gyuto uses a high-grade Japanese stainless steel Gingami No.3 (HRc. 62) for their cutting edge and an outer cladding of soft stainless steel for additional strength and toughness.
This is the Sukenari Gingami No.3 Wa Gyuto made through the traditional hammer forging process for meeting the Sukenari’s high quality standards and extra high cutting performance. The traditional hammer forging process creates the wavy layered pattern.
Sukenari Gingami No.3 Clad Wa Gyuto knife is fitted with select quality Octagon Shaped magnolia wood handles that have water buffalo horn ferrules / collars. They are very comfortable and provide a secure grip.
This knife comes with Magnoia Wooden Saya.
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Knife Model: Sukenari Gingami No.3 Series Wa Gyuto (Forged)
Blade Material: Gingami No.3 Clad
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Wa Gyuto 270mm (10.6")
Cutting edge length: 265mm
Total Length: 420mm
Blade Thickness: 3.2mm
Blade Width: 52mm
Handle Length: 140mm
Total Weight: 226g
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.