With the over 80 years of knife making history and specialized technical experience, Sukenari is very enthusiastic about producing knives which take advantage of the new generation of stainless cutlery steels and high performance tool steels.
The number of professional Chefs and home cooks that prefer the rust-resistance and ease of maintenance offered by stainless steel kitchen knives is growing every year. To meet these demands, Sukenari decided to produce a high-grade stainless steel kitchen knives with popular and reliable Hitachi Gingami No.3 Japanese stainless steel.
This beautiful Damascus Nakiri is forged and hand crafted by passionate forge-smith Sukenari using Gingami No.3 steel (HRC 62).
Special mirror-polishing and finishing processes create a high contrast and finer Damascus layered pattern, with shiny layers of stainless steel and white-colored layers of nickel steel.
This knife comes with octagonal magnolia wood handle with a water buffalo horn ferrule, and also includes a matching magnolia wooden Saya (Sheath) for safekeeping.
The Nakiri is a double bevel edged knife that is rectangular in profile and has a tall, thin blade. It is popular throughout Japan and is often used by home cooks for quickly and efficiently chopping, slicing or mincing vegetables and fruit. It is becoming increasingly popular with vegetarians.
Knife Model: Sukenari Gingami No.3 Nickel Damascus Nakiri
Blade Material: Gingami No.3 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 62
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Octagon Shaped Magnolia Wooden Handle with Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule
Saya Included: Yes.
Nakiri 175mm (6.8")
Cutting edge length:175mm
Total Length: 335mm
Blade Thickness: 2.8mm
Blade Width: 51mm
Handle Length: 135mm
Total Weight: 178g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.