While introducing and selling our fine Japanese kitchen knives, we have received many customer requests for fancy steak knives with Damascus blades. Because Mr. Masui (President of "Hiro Knives Company", and manufacturer of "SHIKI" knives) is one of the most talented craftsmen that we know that can both design and handcraft knives all by himself, we asked him to create some special Damascus steak knives for us. We respect his flexible attitude and his refreshing, innovative knife designs. You can see pictures of his fine work in the SHIKI Brand Knife Collection.
After some time, Mr. Masui came up with a gorgeous set of 4 Damascus steak knives in a traditional Kiri wood (Paulownia tomentosa) presentation box.
The knives have a 4 inch long (100 mm), Mirror Polished Stainless Damascus blade with a VG-10 core. They are available with a choice of two different handle materials: One is a Natural Brazilian Rosewood Handle; the other is a Cute & Colourful DuPont® Corian ™ Handle. Both varieties have a unique round shape that is easy and comfortable to grip and also feature a Decorative Mosaic Pin, a Nickel Silver Hilt and a Green Fiber Spacer.
We are sure that these knives will make your dining table more attractive and make meal times with your family or guests an extra special occasion.
Steak Knife is popular in the West and is commonplace in Western homes. With their attractive decorative designs and blissfully smooth cutting performance, high quality steak knives can really enhance your special mealtimes.
Knife Model: Shiki VG-10 Damascus Steak Knife 4Pcs Set
Blade Material: VG-10 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: DuPont Corian Handle
Saya Included: No.
Steak & Utility Knife 110mm (4.3")
Cutting edge length: 110mm
Total Length: 250mm
Blade Thickness: 1.8mm
Blade Width: 20mm
Handle Length: 135mm
Total Weight: 89g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.