While introducing and selling our fine Japanese kitchen knives, we have received many requests for the fancy steak knives with Damascus blades. We have requested Mr. Masui (President of Hiro company (Maker of SHIKI)) whom is one of the talented craftsmen who can design the knives and hand make the knives all by himself. He is flexible for producing innovative design knives.
Now, finally, Mr. Masui came up with gorgeous Damascus Steak Knife. 4 inches, VG-10 core forge layered Damascus stainless steel blade in mirror polish. Maple Wood Handle is unique round shape design, yet easy to grip, with Mosaic pin and Brass hilt with fiber spacer.
We are sure this will make your dining table more brilliant and make more special dinner time for your family and special guests.
Steak Knife is popular in the West and is commonplace in Western homes. With their attractive decorative designs and blissfully smooth cutting performance, high quality steak knives can really enhance your special mealtimes.
Knife Model: Shiki VG-10 Damascus Steak Knife
Blade Material: VG-10 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Maple Wood Handl
Saya Included: No.
Steak & Utility Knife 110mm (4.3")
Cutting edge length: 110mm
Total Length: 250mm
Blade Thickness: 1.8mm
Blade Width: 20mm
Handle Length: 135mm
Total Weight: 70g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.