The perfectly mirror polished stainless VG-10 Nickel Damascus blade of Shiki Guardian Series knife will always shine in your kitchen and is perfectly complemented by the handmade, comfortably contoured, well balanced and attractively-designed custom handles, which reliably provide an excellent grip and make these knives a joy to own and use. The VG-10 cutting edge is hardened to HRc.60-61 and is highly regarded because of its reliability, toughness, sharpness and long edge life.
Master Craftsman Mr. Masui contours and finishes the handle by hand. Shiki Guardian knife also features seamless stainless steel bolsters, decorative mosaic pins and a full-width blade tang that is tapered by hand to improve blade balance.
- “DuPont™ Pure White Corian® Handle Scales”: - Nicely accents the patterned Damascus and has a neat, stylish appearance. Waterproof, very stable and durable.
Shiki Guardian series Knife is not just Damascus knives; this is also handcrafted pieces of art that you will feel proud to own.
The Paring knife is useful for a variety of commonplace kitchen tasks, but it is primarily used for peeling and accurately shaping fruits and vegetables. Paring knives are particularly useful when cutting small items held in the hand, which makes them indispensable in the kitchen and an ideal companion for Gyuto knives.
Model: SHIKI Guardian Series Paring
Blade Material: VG-10 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Pure White Corian Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Paring 80mm (3.1")
Cutting edge length: 80mm
Total Length: 190mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 20mm
Handle Length: 105mm
Total Weight: 81g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.