In Western-style cooking, people often need to cut hard foods (for example, chicken and fish, including their bones).
This new knife has a simple name- “Chopper” given to it by the innovative knife designer and craftsman Master Masui (President of Hiro Knives Company which produces SHIKI Knife Collections). Nowadays, most makers have already stopped making special purpose knives such as these. The two main reasons are the small demand for special purpose knives and the decreasing number of craftsmen. Master Masui decided to make Choppers to rebalance this market situation, and of course he did not forget to add his own style and skills to the blend.
The nicely hand-rounded Tagayasan Natural Wood Handle offers a comfortable grip and natural style. The AUS-8 Stainless steel blade makes ease of maintenance, rust resistance and durability.
We are proud to introduce these special purpose knives from the Shiki brand series, made by the innovative designer and craftsman Master Masui. We believe that many of our customers who are seeking a suitable knife for cutting chicken and fish or for other hard chopping tasks, will be extremely pleased. SHIKI unique Choppers Now Available.
Knife Model: SHIKI Chopper
Blade Material: AUS-8 Stainless Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 58
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Tagayasan Wood Handle
Saya Included: No.
Chopper 180mm (7")
Total length: mm
Blade Width: mm
Blade Thickness: mm
Total Weight: g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife that has a good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However, it may get rust, if kept in wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.