To distinguish these very special ‘SHIKI Black Dragon Series High-End Custom’ knife “ from other SHIKI brand knives, Master Craftsman Mr. Masui has selected to use only the very best materials and has spent even more time to ensure that every production process, particularly the detailed hand finishing, is performed faultlessly.
To match the special matt-finish of VG-10 Damascus blade, Mr. Masui decided to use beautiful natural wood texture of Quince wood handle scales. Due to the restriction of importing the natural wood materials, Quince wood material is becoming more distinctive. The Quince Wood handle scales and the seamlessly welded stainless steel bolster are nicely hand contoured, for perfect balance and comfortable grip. A gorgeous decorative Mosaic Pins add an elegant accent and contrast nicely with the unique wood handle.The handle and the seamless stainless steel bolsters are contoured by hand so that they are comfortable to grip and are nicely accented by a decorative mosaic pin and a black & gold spacer.
The special matt finish and silver-gray coloring of the VG-10 Nickel Damascus blade (HRC 60 to 61).
A mainstay of professional Western kitchens, the Petty knife is a small general-purpose knife used for peeling, shaping, and slicing fruits and vegetables, chopping herbs, and making garnishes. The compact size and relatively narrow blade of the Petty knife mean that it is very nimble and controllable, thus it is ideal for making precise cuts.
Knife Model: SHIKI Black Dragon Series Petty
Blade Material: VG-10 Nickel Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Quince Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Petty 150mm (5.9")
Cutting edge length: 153mm
Total Length: 263mm
Blade Thickness: 2.2mm
Blade Width: 31mm
Handle Length: 103mm
Total Weight: 98g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knives can be your special cooking partner for long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Before starting to use the knife, please wash it with water for cleaning up.
- Please do not put this knife in the dishwasher, please hand wash.
- Please do not leave this knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash it and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. (Includes bolster and handle part)
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, hard foods such as lobster and crab which have hard surface.
- We recommend re-sharpening the knife using Japanese whetstones, when it gets dull.