This Special Custom Order Mizuno Tanrenjo Honyaki Wa-Gyuto knife shares the same blade shape and geometry as the popular "Masamoto KS-3124", 240mm Wa-Gyuto. Master Mizuno makes these knives with an especially thin blade cross-section and he has produced another Honyaki Wa-gyuto masterpiece! This knife comes with a special "Custom Octagon Shaped lmbuia Wood and Macasser Ebony Ferrule with black G10 spacer".
Since ancient times, the Japanese Katana has been admired for its ability to take an extremely sharp edge and function without bending or breaking. To achieve the same functionality as the legendary Katana, Mizuno Tanrenjo’s Honyaki knives are crafted using similar traditional blade smithing methods.
The inheritance of these traditional sword smithing techniques allows Master Mizuno to bring out the maximum performance and beauty from the Hagane (Hitachi White Steel) that is used to create these Honyaki Wa-Bocho masterpieces.
We are proud to introduce Mizuno Tanrenjo’s wonderful Honyaki Series (White Steel). Each knife features a unique, beautiful Hamon pattern and is heat-treated and to an incredible HRc. 64-65!
The Gyuto is the Japanese version of the classic Western Chef’s knife. It can be used with a variety of different cutting techniques to achieve a wide range of kitchen tasks and is suitable for cutting the vast majority of meats, fish, vegetables and fruits. The Gyuto is true multi-purpose knife.
Notice about White and Marbled Water Buffalo Horn Ferrules for Mizuno Tanrenjo Knives
Unfortunately, Mizuno Tanrenjo and most other knife makers are now struggling to find the raw materials to make White or Marbled Water Buffalo Horn Ferrules for their knife handles.
Due to these difficult and unfortunate circumstances, we regret to inform our customers that Mizuno Tanrenjo is no longer able to accept requests for a specific color of Water Buffalo Horn Ferrule. However, we firmly believe in the high quality and craftsmanship of Mizuno Tanrenjo’s traditionally-forged Japanese knives - They are one of the most well-respected producers of traditionally-forged Japanese knives - and we highly recommend them!
Thank you very much for your understanding and attention.
Knife Model: Mizuno Tanrenjo Akitada Honyaki Series "KS-Style" Wa Gyuto
Blade Material: White Steel
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 64 to 65
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Custom Octagon Shaped lmbuia wood and Macasser Ebony Ferrule with black G10 Spacer
Saya Included: Yes.
Wa Gyuto 240mm (9.4")
Cutting edge length: 260mm
Total Length: 420mm
Blade Thickness: 3.1mm
Blade Width: 50mm
Handle Length: 145mm
Total Weight: 215g
We believe the quality and cutting performance of Japanese knives are the best in the world, and hope you enjoy fine craftsmanship and sharp edge with your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife should be your special cooking partner for long times.
This is the Carbon steel blade kitchen knife that can get rust and discolor easily, and requires extra care and attention to prevent rust.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes. Please apply Tsubaki oil on the blade and keep it in dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.