Not too long ago, we stocked a best-selling line of Damascus Kitchen knives called the Hattori HD Series, which were made by Hattori. Since founding JapaneseChefsKnife.Com, we have sold a large number of beautiful Hattori HD knives and many of our customers have told us that they love the beauty and high quality of these knives. Unfortunately, about 3 or 4 years ago Hattori discontinued the Hattori HD Series of knives due to limited production capacity. Thus began our journey to find a high quality range of Damascus kitchen knives that were similarly well made, with fine materials and expert craftsmanship. Today, we are very happy to announce the end of our search and to confidently introduce our new range of Kagayaki VG-10 Damascus kitchen knives to you!
The beautifully mirror polished Kagayaki VG-10 Damascus Paring knife has a sophisticated and authentic patterned Damascus blade (stainless) that has a VG-10 steel core (HRc. 60-61). The double bevel blade is ground evenly on both sides (50/50) and provides excellent cutting performance - particularly when carrying out precise, detailed work. The light, vibrantly colored Mahogany handles have a pleasant wooden texture and are seamlessly fitted to the stainless steel bolsters.
We have very positive feelings about our new Kagayaki VG-10 Damascus Series and we are confident that their quality is comparable to our best-selling line of Hattori HD VG-10 Damascus knives.
The Paring knife is useful for a variety of commonplace kitchen tasks, but it is primarily used for peeling and accurately shaping fruits and vegetables. Paring knives are particularly useful when cutting small items held in the hand, which makes them indispensable in the kitchen and an ideal companion for Gyuto knives.
Knife Model: JCK Original Kagayaki VG-10 Damascus Series Paring
Blade Material: VG-10 Damascus
Rockwell Hardness (HRc): 60 to 61
Blade Grind and Edge Shape: Double Bevel Edge 50/50
Handle Material: Mahogany Wood Handle with Stainless Steel Bolster
Saya Included: No.
Paring 75mm (2.9")
Cutting edge length: 75mm
Total Length: 180mm
Blade Thickness: 1.8mm
Blade Width: 21mm
Handle Length: 100mm
Total Weight: 69g
This knife comes with 50/50 double bevel edge geometry for both right and left handed use.
For your information, Japanese Kitchen knives are generally designed for right hand use with a slightly thicker and rounded grinding on the right side blade and a less rounded (almost straight flat) grinding on the left side blade. However, both right and left hander can use the knives that have double bevel edge sharpened 50/50 without problems.
We believe quality and performance of Japanese knives are best in the world and hope you enjoy the fine craftsmanship and spirits from your new knife. With proper cares, every Japanese knife can be your special cooking partner for a long time.
This is the Stainless steel blade kitchen knife, which has good rust resistance for easy maintenance. However even stainless steel blade kitchen knife has rust situation if you leave it with wet condition.
- Please do not put the knife in the dishwasher machine for cleaning.
- Please do not leave the knife in water or wet condition for a long time.
- After using, please hand wash the blade, bolster and handle thoroughly, and wipe it clean and dry with soft clothes, and keep it in a dry place.
- This is an extremely sharp knife. Please use special cares in using and storing it.
- Unlike German made knives, Japanese knife blades are ground to thin cutting edge for sharper cutting and easier re-sharpening. Please protect the edge from hitting hard materials to avoid chipping or cracking.
- Please do not use it to cut bone or frozen foods, any hard shell foods such as lobster and crab.
- We recommend using Japanese whetstones to re-sharpen the knife, when it gets dull.